NSG 4070C Test System for Conducted and Radiated Immunity
Post date: Jul 26, 2017 8:31:23 PM
"C" Model offers enhancements for commercial, military and automotive testing requirements!
- Integrated signal generator 4 kHz to 1 GHz
- 3 power meter inputs 4 kHz to 1 GHz
- Integrated class A power amplifier module for different applications:
- 35 W, 150 kHz to 230 MHz;
- 40 W, 10 kHz to 400 MHz;
- 45 W, 9 kHz to 1 GHz;
- 60 W, 10 kHz to 400 MHz
- (>10 W, 4 kHz to 10 kHz);
- 80 W, 150 kHz to 230 MHz
- Multiple EUT monitoring options
- 5,7“ TFT color display
- Internal, menu-based control software
- Basic remote control software and report generator included
- Optically decoupled remote control
- Whisper mode
Standards Tested Include:
- IEC/EN 61000-4-3
- IEC/EN 61000-4-6
- IEC/EN 61000-4-20
- IEC/EN 61000-4-21
- CISPR 24
- EN 61000-6-1
- EN 61000-6-2
- IEC 60533
- IEC 60601-1-2
- IEC 61326
- MIL STD 461, CS 114 (Navy Requirements staring at 4KHz)
- RTCA/DO 160
- ISO 11452-2
- ISO 11452-3
- ISO 11452-4
- ISO 11452-5
- SAE J1113-4
- SAE J1113-24
The NSG 4070 is a multi-functional device for carrying out EMC immunity tests to accompany development and conformity testing in accordance to IEC / EN 61000-4-6, Namur and several automotive BCI standards. Anyone who spends a considerable amount of time on test level setting, connecting EUT monitoring or writing test reports can now carry out immunity testing in a much more efficient manner with the 4th generation of NSG 4070.
Its modular set-up using internal or external amplifiers enables a large variety of applications. The powerful and easy to use firmware makes the NSG 4070 independent from an external PC and control software, however it can also be remote controlled for system operation. A state-of-the-art data transfer of test and measurement data for documentation is provided by USB stick to be plugged into the front panel.
Here are the general improvements found in this “C” version:
- Start frequency for generator and power meter is 4 kHz (NSG 4070B: 10 kHz)
- Required for testing CS 114 of MIL-461G.
- Pulse modulation can now be set from 0.01 Hz to 1 MHz (NSG 4070B: 1 Hz to 50 kHz) and duty cycle from 0.1% to 100% (NSG 4070B: 10% to 90%) Required for TR ISO 7637-4.
- Up to three pulse modulation settings can be defined in order to create an envelope. Required for TR ISO 7637-4.
- Whisper mode. Helps to reduce the acoustic noise of the NSG 4070.
NSG 4070C-60 (For Bulk Current Injection Testing)
A new model of NSG 4070 is available for BCI (bulk current injection) testing. It has, additional to the general NSG 4070C functionality, a new five-channel power meter and bidirectional coupler. It measures forward and reverse power also if using the internal power amplifier.
This unit will test to all levels of MIL-STD-461G (and previous versions…D,E,F) Curves 1-5, all with the internal amplifier. It will also cover most of DO160 levels except CAT Y, where an external amp is required.
- The NSG 4070C-60 also covers ISO & SAE automotive requirements.
- The 4kHz to 1GHz Frequency range is unique. The CS 114 NAVY testing requirements start at 4KHz.
- The NSG4070C-60 is an efficient and cost effective system for these tests. Calibration and setup is simplified by using the NSG 4070C-60 "all-in-one" system instead of multiple instruments such as:
- Signal Generator, 3 power heads and/or Spec-Ans, Directional coupler, BCI Clamp, Monitor
- Very Small and compact 3U height for easy transportation and setups.